Sunnyside is an inner city community located on the north bank of the Bow River, directly adjacent to Calgary’s downtown core. Calgary infill projects are sprouting up quickly in this area because of its admirable location and the redevelopment plan that the city has initiated for the community. Easy access to main routes like Memorial, 10th Street NW, 14th Street NW, and 9th Street SW bridge to name a few as well as having the beautiful river parkway immediately outside your front door has caught the attention of home buyers and new infill developers alike. Found within Sunnyside Calgary is the popular business district of Kensington, reachable in less than 10 minutes of walking from the furthest point of the community. If you don’t find what you are looking for in Kensington, then 16th Avenue, North Hill Mall, the Calgary beltline area and downtown should supplement the rest of your amenity needs. Sunnyside also has an LRT station, Sunnyside Station with stops for multiple different bus routes along its side. Take full advantage of the river parkway, running to the Talisman Centre along the Bow River if you choose or simply for taking the dog for a walk. Adjacency to the Bow River paths and parkway is a major luxury the majority of communities don’t have.
- Northern Border – Escarpment separates Rosedale from Sunnyside from 10th St NW to Centre St N.
- Eastern Border – Escarpment separating Crescent Heights and the edge of Prince Island Park
- Southern Border – South Bank of the Bow River from Centre St North to 9th St Bridge SW
- Western Border – 9th Street Bridge SW and 10th Street NW from downtown to the beginning of SAIT
- Ages 19 and below – 9%
- Ages 20 to 64 – 86%
- Ages 65 and up – 5%
- Average household income – $57,716 (Statistics Canada, 2010 Census)
- Percentage of population with a High School Diploma or higher – 97%
- Ratio of residents who own their property – 32%
- Ratio of residents who rent their property – 68%
Please visit the City Of Calgary for this Inner City community profile.
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.