Mount Pleasant is an inner city community located in the northwest quadrant of Calgary. The establishment of Mount Pleasant dates back to 1912. Many of the older homes in the area are being replaced by new infills and multifamily developments. Being located close to downtown has created desirability for new infill home buyers and developers abroad. Mount Pleasant southern border happens to be the Trans-Canada Highway that provides or gives access to a vast amount of amenities and services. Travel west on 16th Avenue NW to reach innumerable strip malls, North Hill Mall, Home Depot, Banff Trail Business park, McMahon Stadium or even a bit further down and up Shaganappi Trail to Market Mall, all of which can be reached in fewer than ten minutes of driving. Jubilee Auditorium is also located on the same block as SAIT that hosts a ton of eventful performances by entertainment groups and musicians. Don’t forget Confederation Park with its massive land area that has a public outdoor swimming pool, indoor and outdoor hockey rinks, and multiple sports and playing fields.
- Northern Border – Confederation Park/32nd Avenue NW 10th Street NW to 2nd Street NW
- Eastern Border – 2nd Street NW from 32nd Avenue NW to 16th Avenue NW
- Southern Border – 16th Avenue NW from 2nd Street NW to 10th Street NW
- Western Border – 10th Street NW from 16th Avenue NW to Confederation Park
- Ages 19 and below – 18%
- Ages 20 to 64 – 75%
- Ages 65 and up – 7%
- Average household income – $87,604 (Statistics Canada)
- Ratio of residents who own their property – 63%
- Ratio of residents who rent their property – 38%
Please visit the City Of Calgary for this Inner City community profile.
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.