Rosscarrock is an inner city Calgary community located in the southwest quadrant between the neighbourhoods of Shaganappi and Westgate. This inner city community is less than three kilometres to downtown and has seen many new infill developments in the past decade. Rosscarrock is home to Westbrook Mall where you will find a plethora of businesses including Safeway and Wal-Mart to name a few. 17th Avenue SW is also home to many businesses from east to west. If you are an outdoor person take advantage of three of the best Calgary parks including Edworthy Park, Douglas Fir Trail and Glendale Meadows. Cross Bow Trail SW and reach the river parkway just down Spruce Cliff’s escarpment for an enjoyable experience by the Bow River. For indoor recreation, travel west up Bow Trail to find Westhills Rec. Centre, while Killarney Rec. Centre is even closer than that!
- Northern Border – Bow Trail SW from 45th Street SW to 33rd Street SW
- Eastern Border – 33rd Street SW from Bow Trail to 17th Avenue SW
- Southern Border – 17th Avenue SW from 33rd Street SW to 45th Street SW
- Western Border – 45th Street SW from 17th Avenue SW to Bow Trail SW
- Ages 19 and below – 18%
- Ages 20 to 64 – 75%
- Ages 65 and up – 7%
- Average household income – $55,444 (Statistics Canada, 2010 Census)
- Ratio of residents who own their property – 35%
- Ratio of residents who rent their property – 65%
Please visit the City Of Calgary for this Inner City community profile.
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.