Scarboro is an affluent southwest inner city community in Calgary found just west of the downtown region. Upon its introduction as a Calgary community in 1910, a restriction for “residential only” developments was placed on the area which still exists to this day. Scarboro homes are built on a variety of foothill elevations giving some of its homes spectacular views of northern Calgary and the downtown area. Inner city locations typically give awesome access to amenities and services and Scarboro is of no exception. Bordered by Crowchild Trail and close to the likes of Sunalta, Connaught, 14th Street SW and 17th Avenue SW, accessing those much needed daily amenities is convenient to do without straying too far from home. Recreational opportunities are just as great as access to amenities and services is when living in this inner city community. There’s nothing that beats the network of river parks and pathways in Calgary when it comes to outdoor recreation. And it’s all just a short walk away!
- East – 16th and 17th Street SW, 14th Avenue SW
- West – Crowchild Trail
- North – 12th Avenue SW, Bow Trail
- South – 17th Avenue SW
- Ages 19 and below – 27%
- Ages 20 to 64 – 62%
- Ages 65 and up – 11%
- Average household income – $144,540 (Statistics Canada, 2010 Census)
- Percentage of population with a High School Diploma or higher – 92%
- Ratio of residents who own their property – 73%
- Ratio of residents who rent their property – 27%
Please visit the City Of Calgary for this Inner City community profile.
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.