BRIAR HILL HOUNSFIELD HEIGHTS
BRIAR HILL HOUNSFIELD HEIGHTS INFILLS
Briar Hill and Hounsfield Heights is a very desirable and popular inner city residential neighbourhood in northwest Calgary. Established in 1953, the area is located along an escarpment between Crowchild Trail and 14th Street only minutes from the downtown core. Many new infill developments are being built in the area because of its exceptional location and breathtaking views. For inner city living, the convenience of having a medium sized shopping centre located directly in your community makes life easy. From shopping for groceries at Safeway, picking up your prescriptions at Shoppers Drug Mart, getting your watch fixed at Sears, or having your car fixed and serviced at Kal-Tire, North Hill Shopping centre has it all.World Health Gym is also situated in the basement of the mall. Kensington is just south of the community as well, which has all your dining needs. Kensington has multiple well-known restaurants, pubs and shopping outlets including Brooklyn Clothing Company, Osteria de Medici, Peppinos Ristorante and Deli, Julio’s Barrio Mexican Restaurant and Lounge, Original Joe’s just to name a few. Briar Hill and Hounsfield Heights also has a Public Library and a Police Station located beside North Hill Mall, as well as multiple recreational parks for your enjoyment.
- Northern Border – 16th Avenue from Crowchild Trail to 14th Street NW
- Eastern Border – 14th Street NW from 16th Avenue NW to 8th Avenue NW
- Southern Border – 8th Avenue NW / 9th Avenue NW from 14th Street NW to Crowchild Trail
- Western Border – Crowchild Train from 9th Avenue NW to 16th Avenue NW
- Ages 19 and below – 15%
- Ages 20 to 64 – 53%
- Ages 65 and up – 32%
- Average household income – $82,691 (Statistics Canada, 2010 Census)
- Percentage of population with a High School Diploma or higher – 89%
- Ratio of residents who own their property – 83%
- Ratio of residents who rent their property – 17%
Please visit the City Of Calgary for this Inner City community profile.
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.