Glendale is an up and coming inner city Calgary SW community established back in 1955. The community is in great proximity to downtown Calgary, giving it’s inner city real-estate great value and is the site of many new infill developments. Glendale is bordered by main routes, some of which that are listed above, that provide numerous strip malls and access to other main routes with even more businesses. Westbrook Mall is minutes north of Glendale, while Signal Hill Shopping Centre is minutes south. The advantage of being in an inner city community such as Glendale is the ease of access to services and amenities of all kinds surrounding the community. Great recreational advantages include having access to Optimist Park, Glendale Meadows and Athletic Park and the pathway that coincides with the parks. There are three schools in Glendale, two public elementary and one separate junior high. 37th Street SW is the main source of all public transportation for the community that can be reached in less than ten minutes of walking from any point inside Glendale.
- Northern Border – 17th Avenue SW from Sarcee Trail SW to 37th Street SW
- Eastern Border – 37th Street SW from 17th Avenue SW to 26th Avenue SW
- Southern Border – 26th Avenue SW from 37th Street SW to Sarcee Trail SW
- Western Border – Sarcee Trail SW from 26th Avenue SW to 17th Avenue SW
- Ages 19 and below – 24%
- Ages 20 to 64 – 65%
- Ages 65 and up – 13%
- Average household income – $91,264 (Statistics Canada, 2011 Census)
- Percentage of population with a High School Diploma or higher – 87%
- Ratio of residents who own their property – 83%
- Ratio of residents who rent their property – 17%
Please visit the City Of Calgary for this Inner City community profile.
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.