Parkdale is another inner city location just minutes away from downtown Calgary. Its unique location has brought on much redevelopment including new Calgary infill construction projects as well as the renovations of existing homes. Parkdale is conveniently located near University Heights strip mall that has over two dozen business ready to serve you. If you are looking for something else a short five minute drive or less going east along the Trans-Canada you will find Home Depot and North Hill Mall. If you can’t find what you are looking for at one of these locations, try going west and turning onto Shaganappi Trail North to visit one of Calgary’s shopping centres, Market Mall. Foothills Hospital is located just north of the community and just a kilometre or so past that is McMahon Stadium and then the University of Calgary. SAIT Polytechnic, Alberta College of Art and Design and the Jubilee Auditorium are located in less than five minutes of driving from the community as well! Amenities and services surrounding this inner city community will make sure that you never have to stray farther than five kilometers from your house unless you desire to do so. Everything you need from A to Z, automobile services to entertainment and restaurants, is just a short drive away!
- Northern Border – Foothills Hospital from the 16th Avenue NW to 29th Street NW
- Eastern Border – 28th Street NW from 8th Avenue to the Bow River
- Southern Border – Bow River from 28th Street NW and Shouldice Bridge to Shaganappi Trail North.
- Western Border – Shaganappi Trail North from Shouldice Bridge to 16th Avenue NW
- Ages 19 and below – 13%
- Ages 20 to 64 – 62%
- Ages 65 and up – 25%
- Average household income – $71,335 (Statistics Canada, 2010 Census)
- Percentage of population with a High School Diploma or higher – 87%
- Ratio of residents who own their property – 61%
- Ratio of residents who rent their property – 40%
Please visit the City Of Calgary for this Inner City community profile.
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.