Shaganappi is a southwest Calgary inner city neighbourhood found a few minutes west of the downtown core. Shaganappi consists of Shaganappi Point Golf Course, a small residential section between Bow Trail and 17th Avenue and another between the Bow River and Bow Trail SW. The area has beautiful lush, mature vegetation inherent to the fact that Shaganappi was the first community in Calgary that had vegetation planted and maintained by a licensed horticulturalist. Location is always a huge factor for inner city infill buyers. Close proximity to 17th Avenue and Bow Trail offer residents quick and easy access to a wide range of amenities and services. Travelling east on Bow Trail leads directly into downtown turning into 9th Avenue. Shaganappi now has full LRT service with the opening of the new West Calgary LRT line! Leave the car at home, jump on the train and head downtown for the first time ever from the nearest SW Bow Trail LRT terminal!
- Northern Border – Bow River from Spruce Drive SW / 8th Avenue SW to 24th Street SW
- Eastern Border – 24th Street SW from the Bow River to 17th Avenue SW
- Southern Border – 17th Avenue SW from 24th Street SW to 33rd Street SW
- Western Border – 33rd Street SW, Spruce Drive SW / 8th Avenue SW from 17th Avenue SW to the Bow River
- Ages 19 and below – 17%
- Ages 20 to 64 – 77%
- Ages 65 and up – 6%
- Average household income – $85,502 (Statistics Canada, 2010 Census)
- Percentage of population with a High School Diploma or higher – 93%
- Ratio of residents who own their property – 57%
- Ratio of residents who rent their property – 43%
Please visit the City Of Calgary for this Inner City community profile.
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.